In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate
Hanafism: Journal for Hanafi Studies
It gives us great pleasure to announce the formation of a new, academic journal for Hanafi Studies titled “Hanafism.” This is a significant step for Irshad and perhaps one of the first journals of its kind.
The Journal of Hanafi Studies is a peer-reviewed, biannual* journal that encourages research and discussion on all aspects of the Hanafi tradition. It welcomes contributions from authors on any topic related to the Hanafi tradition.
Board of Advisors
At present, the following scholars form the advisory committee for the journal:
(1) Dr. Issam Eido – Vanderbilt University
(2) Mawlana Bilal Ali Ansari – Darul Qasim
(3) Dr. Sohail Hanif – Cambridge Muslim College
(4) Dr. Salman Younas – Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies
(5) Dr. Hassaan Shahawy – Harvard Law Review
Requirements for the First Edition
Those who would like to contribute to the first edition are requested to submit the following:
(1) An abstract (400-600 words) describing the core idea of the submission;
(2) A brief biography (200-400 words) outlining the author’s academic background.
The deadline for receiving abstracts is 31st March 2021.
Authors whose submissions are accepted will be informed by 15th April 2021, and thereafter asked to prepare their paper.
The deadline for receiving the final submission is 15th July 2021.
Please send your abstract and any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further guidelines regarding full submissions will be provided to those whose abstracts are accepted.
And Allah alone gives success.
*The plan is to eventually make it a biannual journal, though many factors will determine feasibility; accordingly, it will initially start as an annual journal.